welcome to Ascent College
Earn your degree online while serving in the local church
Ascent’s non-classroom model improves the affordability of an accredited education with a per credit cost of only $260. The on-demand learning delivery also enables students to schedule their studies around family, employment, and other obligations.
To prepare Spirit-empowered ministers to be passionate, principled, and practical leaders who are…
- Scripturally grounded and Spirit-empowered
- Cultivating healthy relationships
- Skillful and strong multipliers
- Sowers of generosity
- Sent and/or Senders into the world
- Seekers of relational accountability
Ready to take the next step in your future?
Does This Excite You?
- Attend a class.
- Read a book.
- Draft a paper.
- Go to work for four hours.
- Design the entirety of a church service in two weeks.
- Plan community outreach strategies with the lead pastor.
- Oh, and assist an elder with leading a grief counseling group!
Meet the College President
Dr. Rob Rhoden
- Dr. Rob Rhoden is from Richmond, VA where he pastored for 28 years. He is married to Jennifer who is a principal of an elementary school in Richmond, and the father of two adult children.
- Ordained in the Assemblies of God in 1995
- DMin, Union Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Union Theological Seminary
- Bachelors from Bethany Bible College
- Executive Director of Education for the Potomac Ministry Network. In that capacity, he is the Director of the Potomac School of Ministry and President of Ascent College.
- Loves to teach/preach and write. He considers himself a “Pastor-Scholar.” His first book is entitled See with plans for more to come in the future.
Meet Us at an Upcoming Event
Ascent College's financial aid school code is 041538. It may display as Bethel College, the former name of Ascent College.
Ascent College admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.