Meet Our Board of Directors
Dr. Jacob Al Hassan
- Adjunct Professor and Board Member at Ascent College formally Bethel College
- Prayer and Breakthrough Pastor at River of Life Worship Church in Spotsylvania, VA
- President and founder of Authentic Life Identity, Inc, a nonprofit parachurch organization that offers a syndicated daily Christian devotional podcast
- He has more than 15 years of pastoral experience with the Assembly of God Church, Potomac Ministry Network
- Former Vice-President of Bank of America for six years managing branches and six years with Bank of America Home Loans
- Currently Vice-President for Business Development with Fidelity Direct Mortgage, Gaithersburg, MD
- DMin degree from Southeastern University, Lakeland, FL
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Psychology at Northcentral University, CA
Dr. Gary Denbow
- DMin AGTS
- MA in Cross-Cultural Communications
- BS in Education
- AG Pastor since 1967
- Missionary Service 1976-1981
- Past President of Central Bible College
- Past Dean of North Central University
- Honorary AG General Presbyter
Ms. Lori Ricks
- Executive Assistant, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Director, Beautiful Women Ministry, Bethel Temple Church
- Potomac Ministry Network Women Who Lead Leadership Team
- BS, Organizational Leadership and Management, Regent University
Mr. Robert McDowell
- Retired Air Force Communications Officer
- Retired government
- Intelligence/Communications Program Manager
- Education: AAS, AS, BA, BS, MPA
- Past Church Positions: Pastor, Elder, Deacon, Church Boards
Mr. Kenneth Moreland
- Retired Financial Executive
- Certified Public Accountant
- University, College and other Not-for-Profit Board Experiences
- Elder and Treasurer, Trinity Assembly of God, Lutherville, MD
- BS- Towson University
Ms. Sherilynn Tounger
- Married to husband, Alex, and mother of 3
- Currently teaching for Fairfax County
- 22 years US State Department/ Diplomatic Security Special Investigator
- U.S.Embassy, Jordan, Tanzania, Senegal, Burkina Faso, France, Switzerland, Greece
- The World Changers Award 2009, Presented by Bethany University for humanitarian work in Burkina Faso
- Secretary of State Award (SOSA) 2008, Presented by the U.S. State Department in recognition for work with orphans & preschool-aged children of Burkina Faso
- Ascent College Board of Directors, 2020-Present
- Convoy of Hope Board 2018- present
Dr. George Raduano
Pastor at TrinityLife in Lutherville, MD – 25 years
DMin – Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
- MA in Ministerial Leadership from Southeastern University
Dr. Ken Cramer
Lead Pastor of Lighthouse, Gloucester, VA.
D.Min. in Leadership from AGTS
MA. in Christian Ministry
BS in Bible from UVF
Primary passions are his wife and family.
Loves entrepreneurism, leadership/networking, and fly-fishing
Certifications in both Leadership and Congregational coaching.
Preached the gospel and taught organizational leadership in 30 different nations.
Communities under his leadership include Lighthouse, Little Lights Childcare Center, and coming soon Legacy Springs Senior Living Community.
Rev. Frank Potter
Superintendent, Potomac Ministry Center
- PMN Superintendent 2018-present
- PMN Secretary-Treasurer 2012-2018
- Currently pursuing Doctorate Degree from Regent University
- MA in Christian Leadership, UVF
- BA, Northpoint (Zion)
- Loves all things New England
Dr. Rob Rhoden
President, Ascent College AG
- Dr. Rob Rhoden is from Richmond, VA where he pastored for 28 years. He is married to Jennifer (for 25 years) who is an assistant principal of an elementary school in Richmond, and the father of two teenagers.
- Ordained in the Assemblies of God in 1995
- DMin, Union Theological Seminary in Richmond, VA.
- MDiv, Union Theological Seminary
- Bachelors from Bethany Bible College, Santa Cruz, CA
- Executive Director of Education for the Potomac Ministry Network. In that capacity, he is the Director of the Potomac School of Ministry and President of Ascent College of the Assemblies of God (formerly Bethel College).
- Loves to teach/preach and write. He considers himself a “Pastor-Scholar.” His first book is entitled See with plans for more to come in the future.
Ascent College's financial aid school code is 041538. It may display as Bethel College, the former name of Ascent College.
Ascent College admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.