Earn free college credit
at Ascent College
while in high school
Want to take a college course while you’re still in high school? At Ascent College, you can take your first college course–for college and/or high school credit–for free! Whether you are homeschooled, attend private school, or public school, this opportunity is for you! If you’re at least 16 years old, have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, and can demonstrate good Christian character and maturity, you can take freshman- and sophomore-level college courses at Ascent College. Any additional college class you take with us as an Early College student will be 50% off the tuition price! This means you can take a 3-credit course for only $421.50!
How To Start
1. Apply to Ascent College
- Fill out the admissions application.
- Reminder: Select the Early College option on the admissions application.
2. Complete the Early College Agreement
- Fill out the Early College form that is applicable to you.
- Once completed, email your form to email@example.com
3. Await Our Approval
- After submitting both your Early College application and agreement, we will send you information about accessing your course schedule online, changing or withdrawing from courses, and using our online student portal.
4. Next Steps
- Once you’ve been accepted, we waive the $100 enrollment fee! There is a $50 activity fee each semester and you may be asked to enroll in a Library Resources class. This class prepares you to engage in research and write papers using that research. This is a required class for all enrolled students.
5. Learn More
- For more information about Ascent College’s Early College program, contact Amy at the admission office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early College students can take 1 course each 8-week session (not summers) for a total of 4 courses per year. The first class is tuition-free and every class after that is 50% off tuition ($421.50 for a 3-credit class) as long as you are enrolled as an Early College student.
We offer General Education and Bible courses on a rotating basis throughout the year. Here is a list of some GEN ED courses you could take as an Early College Student::
- ENG 101 Grammar and Composition
- HIS 201 American History Pt 1
- ENG 102 Composition and Literature
- SCI 101/102 Life Science Lecture/Lab
- HIS 202 American History Pt 2
- COM 101 Speech Communications
- Bible Classes TBD
Ascent College's financial aid school code is 041538. It may display as Bethel College, the former name of Ascent College.
Ascent College admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.